Are you an experienced detailer looking for an exciting new challenge?
Are you ready to take the next step forwards in your career?
Want to work for a company that values your contribution?
Opus Vitae are proud to be supporting one of our most prestigious clients in their search for skilled candidates to add to their ever growing team.
Our client are a construction giant in Birmingham, who are offering a great package for the right candidate.
Take this opportunity to advance your career right now.
We are searching for experienced Structural Detailers with experience in AutoCAD and Tekla at an intermediate level.
- Design / detailing to an advanced level utilizing AutoCAD and Tekla at intermediate levels.
- Prepare proposal documents
- Interpret architects and structural engineers drawings
- Attend meeting without support and speak about technical issues and promote the company.
- Have in depth knowledge of building physics relevant to market sectors to ensure technical liaison with architects, engineers, contractors and approved installers on all design technical issues.
- Prepare construction release drawings, printing and distribution as required.
- Follow CDM requirements
- Exceed goals and objectives of company
- Design detailing, structural advice to in-house staff
- Take a proactive approach to your personal work commitments by achieving deadlines agreed with your Line Manager. Manager your work load in a n effective and diligent manner.
- Take responsibility for the deadlines set by both yourself and your line manager.
- Keep the customer and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action required may be required by either the client or other parties.
- Maintain the satisfaction of existing clients and development of new skills and services in accordance with the company business needs.
- Develop customer relations and strategic partners.
- Keep the manager informed of changing situations and progress in achieving tasks ans respond promptly to requests for information.
- Work with line manager to develop a culture which addresses the root cause of analysis of SFS related ENCR's
- Carry out any other duties that may be required to provide technical support for the SFS product.
Experience and Skills:
- A qualification in a technical subject is required. It is desirable that the person has a recognised construction based accreditation;
- Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work.
- Deliver administrative records on time and up to date;
- Clearly and concisely express key issues at a level that suits the listener and confidently handle challenges or unexpected issues;
- Participation in training and social activities inside and outside the working day and office.
- Contribution to the “character” of the company by conducting yourself in a professional and helpful manner. To develop strong and collaborative working relationships with your colleagues;
- Demonstrate you have a working knowledge and skill in using 2 and 3D CAD as necessary and the ability to handle data appropriate to your role.
Knowledge of the construction
industry and building techniques.
2+ years of Light steel frame
2+ years working with the
software required to carry out
2+ years working with the SFS
3. Qualifications Construction related qualification.
Diploma or HNC level
4. Personal Attributes
Analytical. Organised. Effective planner.
5. Special Aptitudes
Has strong drive for results. Self motivated.
6. Special Requirements
Hold a full driving licence.
Flexible working hours as necessary.
Able to travel (UK): work